Saturday, August 22, 2009

Miss Bossy and Full of Sass

Grace is becoming quite a sassy young lady lately. There's no doubt that the Terrible Two's have arrived, although one minute she's telling me I'm mean and the next she's telling me I'm her best friend. I see a lot of parallels between Grace and myself as a kid. I was known for being sassy and incredibly stubborn, not to mention very bossy!

Grace loves to boss people around - from her Mommy and Daddy to her Uncle Billy to the other kids she spends her day with to our bassett hounds. When we're playing at home, she tells Martin and I exactly what she wants us to do.
  • Sit down, Mommy. On the ground, next to me. Have a tea party.
  • Daddy, play in my playhouse. Sit there.
  • HUSH, Fred and Phoebe (which she tells them every time she hears them barking)
We get our orders very clearly from our toddler. She even asks me, "Do you want timeout, Mommy?" I thought I was the one who gave timeouts...Grace doesn't think so.

Clearly, we have our hands full, but in the best possible way. She's full of life, keeps us on our toes, and showers us with love :-) This is the life I always dreamed of.

No comments: