Wednesday, February 1, 2012

If everyday is a day that's borrowed...

One of my favorite songs right now says this:

"If everyday is a day that's borrowed, why am I waiting for tomorrow?"

Food for thought. We always think we have more time. I'll get around to it later. I'll call her later. I'll start eating healthier later. I'll spend quality time with my family later. I'll apologize later.

The truth is, we're all on borrowed time. Our level of awareness of this reality varies. Those who have medical conditions know and feel this weight of this reality, while those who are perfectly healthy often buy into the idea that they have unlimited time. I've been guilty of this often...and sometimes still am.

Life is short. Let's live every single day with a focus on what matters most. Let's strive to be all that God is calling us to be. Let's say "I love you" and "I'm sorry" without hesitation. Let's soak up every moment and recognize the gift of THIS DAY.

Let's do this.

No comments: