Saturday, September 6, 2008

A fun Saturday :-)

Grace and I started our day with a nice walk and a visit to the playground. Grace had a great time playing, especially picking up and throwing the wood chips that surround the swingset and jungle gym. She also liked climbing the steps of the jungle gym, although she didn't want my help walking back down the steps. She wants to be completely independent and isn't impressed when we try to help her do anything. In fact, when I try to take her hand to help her, she looks up and "yells" at me. I can only imagine how sassy she'll be when she starts to talk more!

I took Grace to get professional pictures taken in the afternoon. It's the first time she's gotten professional pics taken since she started walking. It was quite the adventure! I dressed her in her Philadelphia Eagles cheerleading uniform, and as you can see, she looked adorable! The photographer and I had a great time, as we tried to get Grace to 1) stay in one place long enough to take her picture, and 2) show her pretty smile. I'm pleased to report that we were successful! We got some wonderful pictures of our little cheerleader :-) I can't wait until they arrive in a couple weeks!

This evening Grace and I took a road trip to Bastrop to visit my friend's grave. Grace napped all the way there and back, and I used the drive as a time for reflection. I still think about my friend, Dawn, and her family everyday. In October, it'll be a year since she passed away unexpectedly. It has made me realize just how short life is and has reminded me, time and again, of the importance of living each day to its fullest. On the way home, I pulled over to snap the picture on the right. I thought Dawn was reminding me that she's watching over all of us.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I still think about her all the time...at completely unexpected moments...what a great person.