Sunday, April 13, 2008

An Awesome Weekend

Sunday night is always my least favorite time of the week. I don't enjoy saying goodbye to the weekend, knowing that I have to go to work all week and spend time away from Grace and Martin. This weekend I want to end even less than usual. It was one of the best weekends we've had in awhile. Our time with Brendan, Shital, and Roisin was absolutely the best! I've been racking my brain all night trying to figure out how to get them to move here. That would make us SO happy!!

Grace and Roisin had a blast together! They're like sisters :-) Watching them play was really amazing! It brought back a flood of memories from my own childhood. I remember many special times with my cousins. I hope Grace has the same opportunities for closeness with her own cousins, although it'll be tough since three (soon four) live in Ireland and two live in PA. But in November Grace will have a cousin closeby when Uncle Brian and Aunt Jen welcome their new little one to the family! We're all super excited about that!

Anyway, the weekend was packed with activities, so we're worn out. Check out the photo site for a play-by-play: http://picasaweb.google.com/amberfogarty/BrendanShitalRoisinSVisitToTexas. One of the highlights was taking Roisin and Grace to JC Penney to get photos taken of them together. Shital and I had to work hard to get our two active little girls to sit still long enough for the photographer to snap their picture! That was a challenge! But somehow we did it, and the pictures turned out amazing!

We also had a fun time at the State Capitol. The weather was perfect, and we enjoyed showing off our hometown. Martin and I truly love Austin...we're hoping Brendan and Shital loved it enough to think about moving here. Fingers crossed!


That's all for now, folks! I'm off to bed!

No comments: