Sunday, August 3, 2008

Home Sweet Home!

After three very long weeks in Minnesota, I am home at last! I listened to the Daughtry song "Home" a lot while I was away..."I'm goin' home to the place where I belong, where your love has always been enough for me." It is so good to be home. Truly, this is the place where I belong. Martin and I have spent much more time away from each other than we would have liked during the early days of our relationship - that's what happens when you fall in love with someone who lives in another country. We endured a lot back then, and those times were tough, but not nearly as tough as the last three weeks. We are a family, and it pained us to be apart. It especially pained me to miss out on three weeks of Grace's life, although I saw her almost every day on web cam.

When I saw her today, I couldn't believe how much she changed while I was gone. She's grown up so much! She has four teeth on the top now that are almost fully in...when I left, there were three just coming through! She is starting to talk a lot more, and Daddy taught her lots of new words while I was gone. The cutest one is "cheese," which is her favorite thing to eat :-)

Now tomorrow it's back to work for two weeks before we head to Ireland. We are SO excited about Grace's first trip there! Introducing her to the rest of the fam is going to be a blast and seeing her play with her cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents will be the BEST!

No comments: