Sunday, August 24, 2008

How Do I Love Thee?

There are moments in every marriage when you fall in love all over the again. For some couples, those moments are few and far between. I feel exceedingly lucky that I experience those moments incredibly often. Our time in Ireland has been packed with those moments. I'm certainly not eloquent enough to put into words the depths of my love for my husband. I wish I could. I really do.

One of my favorite quotes is, "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." Since the day I met Martin in Rosie McCaffery's Irish Pub in Phoenix, my life has been filled with moments that have taken my breath away. What a life we have built for ourselves in the last three years --- I'm in awe of what has grown since that fateful night when I spotted the love of my life for the very first time.

During this trip, it has been so special to watch Martin introduce his daughter to his relatives. It was special to watch Martin dance with his Nanny and spend time with his uncles, aunts, and cousins at the wedding. It was special to see him make his newest niece, Melissa, smile and to watch him playing with Michelle, Liam, and Conor. It was special to watch as he joked with his sisters. And twas special to see the bond that clearly exists between Martin and his parents. He's a family man who I respect and admire beyond belief.

As our trip sadly comes to an end, I pause for a moment to give thanks for my AMAZING husband, our daughter, and our incredible family here in Ireland. God has blessed us abundantly, and we are truly thankful.

No comments: