Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Grace is 4 Months Old Today!

Today is Grace's 4-month birthday! We celebrated her birthday with a visit to the doctor for her well-check and immunizations. What a birthday gift!

She now weighs 14 pounds, 6 ounces and is 25 inches long! Grace sure is growing :-) She got four immunizations today - one administered orally and the other three were shots. Boo!! My Mom and I accompanied Grace, and both made it through without too many tears. Grace, on the other hand, screamed at the top of her lungs during her shots and had real tears. Talk about heartbreaking :-(


It's been a busy week with some long days at work. It's been absolutely wonderful having my Mom here the last two weeks to watch Grace. I know Grace has enjoyed every second with her Nana. We've had some really special times, the three girls, and I'll always remember these days.

On Monday, Grace will begin day care, and we're certainly not looking forward to it. We've delayed the inevitable as long as we could, and the time is almost here. I know that dropping her off that first day will be the hardest thing I've done so far in my four months as a parent. I get teary just thinking about it.


No comments: