Friday, March 21, 2008

It's a Good Friday...

...literally! The Catholic service on Good Friday is, in my opinion, one of the most moving of the year. There is no Mass on Good Friday; the service consists of Liturgy of the Word, Veneration of the Cross, and Holy Communion. Grace and I went together to the Noon service, and it was amazing. Grace was a very good girl, although she let out a few high-pitched, happy squeals at super quiet moments. With an almost ten-month old baby, that's to be expected!

Grace and I ran errands after church, then took care of things around the house until Martin got home from work. I finished my bunny cake, which I'm SO proud of, and got us all packed for our overnight trip to Waco. We got on the road around 7:30 and had a nice quiet drive while Grace took her usual road-trip nap.

Martin and Billy went out for the evening, and Grace and I had a fun night with Nana, Pop-Pop and Uncle Brian. Grace kept us all entertained with her loud screams and giggles! She played with her Easter eggs, and Grace helped Nana by "folding" the socks while Nana folded the rest of the laundry.

Oh, that reminds me of a cute moment earlier...when I was getting ready this morning, Grace was playing in my bedroom. She made her way over to the laundry basket that was full of clean (and folded) clothes. She proceeded to pull all the clothes out of the basket and throw them on the floor. She's already a troublemaker, but she seriously cracks me up!

Let's hope we'll be getting to bed soon. Grace still seems to have lots of energy, but I'm starting to fade.

No comments: