Sunday, November 23, 2008

Booster Seat Time!

Today Grace officially graduated from her high chair to a booster seat! This picture shows her having her first meal, Spaghetti-O's, in her new booster seat. We've also moved past the days of us feeding anything to Grace. She wants to do most things herself these days. My little girl seems to have her mother's strong desire for independence. She's in a rush to grow up just as I was...now I know how my parents felt when I tried to hurry through my childhood years. I find it fascinating how we're in such a rush to grow up; then we reach a time in life when we want to be young again. Ahh, the circle of life :-) I'm feeling very reflective these days. With the holidays on the horizon, that's no surprise.

Speaking of the holidays, today Martin and I accomplished more Christmas shopping. We're on a roll! I hope to have most of our shopping finished before December begins. I'm getting so excited for Grace's 2nd Christmas! You can be assured that the decorating will begin this Friday. After all, it's the most wonderful time of the year!

I'm finally starting to recover after being under the weather for most of last week. Whatever I had really took its toll on me. I'm glad to be back in the land of the living. Being sick and having a toddler do not go hand in hand; I'm happy Grace managed to stay healthy. Even my sweet husband, who's rarely ever sick, didn't feel well for a few days.

That's all for now. Three cheers for our big girl & her new booster seat :-)

No comments: