Saturday, November 29, 2008

Grace's First Parade

This morning Grace and I went to the Chuy's Children Giving to Children Christmas parade in downtown Austin. I think it'll be a new tradition! Grace seemed to enjoy her first parade, and I had a great time too. Her favorite part ~ the HUGE Hello Kitty balloon, followed closely by seeing Santa! My favorite part was seeing loads of kids so excited about giving toys to kids in need. We were standing near a little boy who asked his Mom at least a dozen times when he could "give the toys away." I'll admit I got teary when they stopped the parade, and kids flooded the street to donate toys. What a beautiful sight and a great way to teach kids about sharing their gifts with others! A built-in stewardship lesson for families in and around Austin! I love it :-) Rumor has it that they collected 30,000+ toys today...awesome!

After the parade, Grace and I paid a visit to the hospital to give our best wishes to Grace's wonderful caregiver, who had an emergency c-section on Wednesday. She gave birth to a beautiful, but tiny, little girl named Avery, who is still in the NICU. Please keep her in your prayers!

We closed out our day at home with naps, followed by football, and of course, more Thanksgiving leftovers! It was a wonderful Saturday!

No comments: