Thursday, January 12, 2012

Just A-Swingin'

Yesterday as I was pushing Grace on a swing at the park, I was thinking about how grown up she is. I mean, how can she really be 4.5 (going on 15) already?! I was remembering painting her room with Martin, wondering if we would be blessed with a son or daughter. Sitting in the rocking chair with my big pregnant belly trying to envision what it would be like to be rocking a baby in that chair. Driving to the hospital a month early, thinking it couldn't possibly be time for our little one to arrive. Being in complete shock as they wheeled me into the emergency C-section. Hearing her cry for the first time. Breathing a sigh of relief as they told us that she was perfectly healthy. Laying eyes on that tiny beautiful little girl and knowing that Grace was the perfect name for our daughter. Bringing her home and rocking her for hours on end, never wanting to put her down. Spending hours staring at her, in complete awe of the miracle we'd created.

It's amazing how the simplest moment, like pushing your kiddo on a swing, can bring about a tidal wave of memories. Grace Calleigh, you are such an awesome little girl. I look forward to continuing this journey as your Mommy :-) Let's just slow down a bit though...I'm not ready for you to be grown up just yet. Deal?

No comments: