Monday, January 9, 2012

My Cousins Live in the Computer

Our kids have three cousins on my side of the family and five cousins on Martin's side. Of their eight cousins, seven live far away -- two in Pennsylvania and the other five in Ireland. This always makes me sad because I have great memories of playing with my cousins during my younger years in PA. On the flip side, it makes for an adventure when the cousins do get to see each other!

As we were preparing to say goodbye to Martin's Mam last week, I told Grace that we would visit Nanny and Grandad in Ireland soon. I then mentioned that we would also get to see all of her Irish cousins - Liam, Melissa, Michelle, Conor, and Sam - while we are there. Grace got a really confused look on her face and replied, "They don't live in Ireland."

Then I was confused. "What do you mean they don't like in Ireland? They all live close to Nanny and Grandad."

Grace wrinkled her nose and said, "No, they don't. They live in the computer."

It took all of my willpower not to crack up. Since we Skype with the Irish fam, Grace now believes they all live inside the computer. Hilarious!

No comments: