Wednesday, July 25, 2007

3 New Records

The past three nights Grace has set new records, sleeping 5, 5.5, and 6 hours! Not only are we proud of our little girl and amazed by how fast she is growing, but we're also incredibly thankful to be sleeping for longer stretches. Perhaps our delirium from sleep deprivation will start to wear off now...time will tell!

In other news this week, Grace and I spent some time at my office yesterday. Martin says since she's almost 2 months old, she has to start earning her keep! LOL. In all seriousness, Grace visited my awesome coworkers for awhile, then took a nap, and I started to catch up on my work. Although I still have over a month of maternity leave left, I'm easing myself back into work a bit at a time so I'm not too overwhelmed when I return full-time.

On that note, Grace and I also visited her daycare yesterday to get another tour and meet the staff. I visited there when I was about 5 months pregnant, so it's been awhile. I have a friend whose daughter goes to the same daycare, and she highly recommended it to me. Luckily, it's close to my office so Grace won't be too far from me. Even though the place is great and the staff at the daycare seems wonderful, I still left there in tears yesterday. The idea of leaving her in the care of anyone else is heart-wrenching, but I know it's an inevitable reality. My Mom did it, and it broke her heart, and I know it will break mine. Enough about that before the waterworks begin again...

Tomorrow Grace will be two months old! So two months ago at this time, I was in the early stages of labor and didn't know it! In some ways, it seems like so much longer, yet it also seems like just yesterday. Grace also gets her 2-month shots tomorrow. I know, what kind of Mom would schedule those on her 2-month birthday? I'm terrible. I'm bringing a friend along so she can hold my hand while I hold Grace's hand. I'll let you know how it goes and who cries more, Grace or her Mommy!

No comments: