Thursday, July 26, 2007

Grace is 2 Months Old Today!


Happy 2 Month Birthday, Grace Calleigh! At the doctor today, Grace weighed in at 11 pounds, 2 ounces, and she's now 22 inches long. She's come a long way in 2 months, that's for sure! So have her parents...Martin and I have been parents for 2 whole months, and we're having the time of our lives. I've never felt such overwhelming joy, such unconditional love, and such a strong need to protect someone. Being a Mom is, by far, the most amazing experience of my 28 years of life!

About her shots...Neither of us made it through without crying! Thankfully, it was all over in about 10 seconds, so our baby girl didn't suffer for long. My dear friend, Ann, was there to comfort me since Martin was working. I was so glad she was there to help us through it. Grace bounced back in minutes, as soon as I started feeding her. It made us both feel better that eating comforted her, and our tears faded away much more quickly than I expected. Grace is one tough little munchkin! (See more pics from this doctor's visit at http://picasaweb.google.com/amberfogarty/BabyGraceWeek9).

p.s. Happy Birthday to Grace's cousin, Maddie! She's 1 year old today :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I was just browsing through Blogger when your blog came up, so I thought I'd stop and give Grace and Maddie some belated wishes!

If Grace is tough-stuff, she'll be able to handle anything in future, I bet. I, however, still cower at the thought of getting shots.

I think being a parent might be hard, but you are both doing a great job!

-Kathy