Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Where's the Pause Button?

One of the most common sayings when you have kids is, "Time flies." Another one you hear often is, "They grow up so fast." I've found both sayings to be true, and I utter both on an almost daily basis. Grace isn't even two months old yet, and I just can't believe how much she's changed since her birthday! Today I was looking at pictures from her first week of life, and I'm in awe of how different she is now.

I'd like to coin a new saying though...one that I've said a lot since Grace's arrival -- "Where's the pause button?" I sometimes wish that I could push pause on these special moments with Grace and savor them for just a bit longer. I already find myself wishing she wouldn't grow up so fast, even though I know she'll always be my baby girl.

So, my sweet angel, don't be in such a hurry to grow up! You're my first born, and I want to cherish every second of your life.

No comments: