Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Fun Times with Mommy

Today I got home from work early enough to take Grace for a walk. It's mid-November in Texas, and it's in the 80's. The weather could not have been more perfect today. So Grace and I set out for a walk and some quality time together. In the morning, I'm leaving for an overnight trip to Dallas for work, so I need all the Grace time I can get.

We took a nice long walk and ended up at the playground by our house. I decided to let Grace try out the swing for the first time. She wasn't too sure what she thought about it. There was a half-smile for a few seconds, but mostly a look of confusion.

As we headed home after swinging, the wind picked up, and the temperature started to drop! The weather folks are calling for a huge temperature drop tonight -- 40+ degrees, they say. Here's to crazy weather in Texas! One day you're out in shorts, and the next you need your winter coat.

So tomorrow morning, I head to Dallas, and I fly back on Friday evening. Then on Saturday, I'll be taking Grace to Waco to visit her Nana and Pop-Pop who are returning tomorrow from the Holy Land. We are excited to see them and hear about their trip!

No comments: