Monday, November 26, 2007

Grace is 6 Months Old!

It is truly hard to believe that Grace is 6 months old! She's been bringing joy to our lives for a half a year already. It just doesn't seem possible that the time has gone by that quickly.

I was home sick today, so we weren't able to celebrate as much as we hoped, but we did sing "Happy Birthday" to our angel, which produced loads of smiles :) She loves when we sing anything to her. I'm sure when she's old enough to talk she'll tell me that she prefers Daddy's singing to mine. He has a wonderful voice, and mine isn't so great. But she loves me anyway. And, of course, I love her so much!

I was trying to explain to a friend the other day how I've changed since becoming a Mom. Life is certainly different, and I have a new-found appreciation for the gift of life. When I look at Grace, I see a little miracle. One of the things that has struck me during the last six months is the depth of the love I feel for Grace. Becoming a parent introduces you to a deeper, more spiritual level of love than you ever knew existed. It also has made me fall even more in love with my husband, who is an amazing father to our baby girl.

All in all, being a Mom has given my life new purpose. My family is the most important thing in my life. Happy Birthday, Sweet Grace! We love you loads, and we look forward to watching you grow and taking care of you every step of the way!

No comments: