Saturday, December 8, 2007

Grace Meets Santa & St. Nick

This week Grace met Santa Claus twice and St. Nick! At day care on Thursday, Santa Claus himself showed up to take pictures with all the kiddos. Grace wasn't so sure what she thought of him, but she liked touching his beard. That night Grace met St. Nicholas, who made an appearance at a party at the UCC. Grace thought he was pretty cool, and once again was impressed with the beard.

Then last night I took Grace to the Festival of Lights at St. Ed's, which is an annual tradition that I've always loved. She liked the singing and all the Christmas lights. She was very popular with her "Baby's First" pink Santa hat that her Aunt Caroline sent her. Everyone wanted to say hello to her, and she got lots of compliments on her awesome hat. She posed for another picture with Santa at St. Ed's, but was completely distracted by the Christmas lights next to him. Thus, I didn't get a picture of her looking at the camera. Oh well! She had fun, and that's all that matters.

I'm having trouble believing that Christmas is right around the corner. I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- the time is flying by! Martin and I are looking forward to all of the fun and memories of our first Christmas with our daughter!

No comments: