Thursday, December 20, 2007

Welcome to Splashtown!

Grace has always loved the water. She's enjoyed bath time since her earliest days. But during the past month or so, Grace has taken bath time to a whole new level of fun. She splashes like crazy and is all smiles. She especially goes mad when we pour water on her head. It cracks us up :) We've added her rubber ducky to the bath recently, and she digs him.

We've gotten into a routine to some extent, and bath time is filled with rituals. When we take Grace upstairs for her bath, I carry her up, and Martin "chases" us, saying "comin' to get ya, comin' to get ya." This makes Grace laugh every time. Now any time I take Grace upstairs, she's checking over my shoulder to see if Daddy is coming too.

My other favorite bath time ritual is showing Grace herself in the mirror. Martin holds her, and we all look in the mirror. She grins from ear to ear when she sees her Mommy and Daddy in the mirror!

There are countless moments every single day that I try to capture in my memory. I never want to forget these precious moments with our daughter. Writing them down ensures that we will always remember Grace's childhood (and that someday we can share all the laughs with her).

No comments: