Thursday, December 27, 2007

Don't Blink!

Back in July, I posted a blog called, "Where's the Pause Button?" Grace wasn't even two months old when I posted that blog, and yet I already felt the time going by too fast. Now, in December, Grace is seven months old, and I'm experiencing the same feeling.

For Christmas, Martin got me a Kenny Chesney CD. Those who know me know how much I love his music and always have. He has a song called, "Don't Blink," and it really captures the essence of how I've been feeling about how quickly the months have passed.

My favorite part of the song goes like this:

"Best start putting first things first. 'Cause when your hour glass runs out of sand, You can't flip it over and start again. Take every breath God gives you for what it's worth."

If you ask me, that's advice to live by. Thanks, Kenny!

No comments: