Sunday, November 25, 2007

Getting in the Holiday Spirit

The Fogarty household is gearing up for the holidays! Normally, I'm not a fan of putting up a Christmas tree right after Thanksgiving, but this year I decided to go for it for several reasons. First, this is Grace's first Christmas, and I'm beside myself with anticipation! Second, I wanted to make the most of my four-day weekend, especially since I expect December to be a busy month. Third, this is our first Christmas in our new home, and I want to make it really special!

So yesterday and today I got myself into the holiday spirit and put up our Christmas tree and did some other decorating around the house. I love our Christmas tree and had so much fun showing it to Grace. She's in awe of the lights!

Growing up, I can remember being really giddy around Christmastime! I'm feeling that once again as I think about making every Christmas wonderful for Grace. Grace won't remember her first Christmas, but it will be well documented with pictures and blogs. I already think about showing her this blog when she's older and sharing the thousands of pictures of her from her earliest days.

No comments: