Saturday, November 10, 2007

High School Reunion and Grace's First Football Game

This weekend was my 10-year high school reunion. I seriously can't believe it's been 10 years since I graduated from high school! This is one of those milestones that you think about a lot. Some people look forward to it; others dread it. I looked forward to it because I knew it would be fun to see people I hadn't seen in years. I keep in touch with a few friends from high school, and one of the highlights of my pregnancy was a baby shower with a group of girls from high school. Aside from that group, I haven't seen many of the other people in my class in a long, long time.

I always wondered where I would be in my life when my high school reunion finally came around. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine my life as it is now - with an absolutely awesome husband that I adore and a beautiful baby girl who brings me so much joy! I am so blessed.

Last night was the Homecoming football game. There was a pre-game tailgate party and a reception after the game for the Class of '97. This was the first football game Grace ever attended. Unfortunately, our team lost, but we enjoyed sitting in a big crowd of my high school classmates. Grace was an angel the entire time, even at the reception, which lasted until after 11 PM. Even though it was way past her bedtime, she was the life of the party :)

Then today we had a picnic, which was good fun. There wasn't a huge crowd, but I really enjoyed catching up with those who attended. And the weather was great, and that added to the fun. Having a picnic in November is risky, but it worked out for us!

All in all, the reunion was a huge success! We had a good turnout, and I think everyone that came enjoyed themselves. Tammie and I were partners in planning the reunion, and I want to thank her for all her hard work. I'm so glad we pulled it off!

No comments: