Sunday, May 18, 2008

Grace's First Haircut

Today Grace got her first haircut! She was not impressed. Here she is before the scissors even appeared:

She started crying the minute I put her in the car and cried through the entire experience. We even had to take a break so I could hold her for awhile. Then the woman who was cutting her hair finished the haircut with me holding her. Overall, Grace was not too impressed with this milestone, but she sure looks cute, and I bet she'll appreciate not having her hair in her eyes all the time.


We're wrapping up a nice weekend. We had a wonderful visit with our friends, Holly and Trent, on Friday. Grace liked them a lot. She was in such a trance watching Trent that she stood for about two minutes on her own, without realizing she wasn't holding on to me anymore. We were all so excited!

They spent the night here on Friday, along with our buddy, Matt, and we managed to stay up until 2 AM. We played a great game called "Pass the Pigs." I highly recommend it. It was good fun, and it was awesome catching up with our friends from my days in Phoenix.

On Saturday, I went to the ordination of five guys who became transitional deacons. They will become priests after a year of ministry as deacons. It was neat since I've never attended an ordination. In the afternoon, the three of us went to a friend's baby shower. Grace only lasted about 45 minutes there before she was grumpy and in desparate need of a nap. We headed home, and she got some zzzzzz's. We had a quiet evening at home, complete with playing, playing, and more playing. I even managed to get some reading done for grad school. I have a TON of work to do before heading to Minnesota for three weeks in mid-July.

Today has been a good day...the haircut was an adventure, and Grace entertained us with her antics as usual. Grace and I went to the mall together this afternoon, and she was such a good girl. Now she's in bed, and I'm ready for some sleep as well. Good night, sleep tight, and don't let the bed bugs bite.

No comments: