Thursday, May 8, 2008

Will the real Grace Calleigh please stand up?

It seems like every chance she gets, Grace is pulling herself up. She digs standing! She's testing her chubby little legs more and more everyday. I'm amazed at how brave she's getting, and I try to stay calm as she wobbles with the tile floor looming below her.

This morning as I was cleaning up the kitchen before leaving for the day, I cracked up when Grace crawled into the kitchen, pulled herself up, and began banging on the door of the refrigerator. It was like she was begging for some breakfast! She is certainly learning how to tell us what she wants, even without being able to talk.

Speaking of being able to talk, today Grace was all DADADADA! I took a few videos of her cute chit chat, which you can find on our YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/amberfogarty2005. I've been trying to teach her some other words, but she just looks at me, smiles, and continues on with DADADADA!

It's been a long week! I'm glad tomorrow is Friday. I had to work Monday and Tuesday nights, which I always find tough. I hate missing out on my evenings with Grace. That is sacred time!

We're looking forward to heading to Waco tomorrow evening after work to celebrate Mother's Day with my Mom. Grace loves sleepovers at Nana and Pop-Pop's house! Only a little over an hour until I can truly say TGIF! I'll be asleep before then though...night night!!

No comments: