Sunday, May 11, 2008

What a Day!

I'm wrapping up Mother's Day 2008 with a huge smile on my face! What a perfect day!

Martin and I began our day with Mass, complete with a special Mother's Day blessing. We then came home to have some serious playtime with Grace and make some family phone calls. Today is also Martin's Dad's birthday -- Happy Birthday, Dad! Wish we were there to celebrate with you, but we're there in spirit!

My one Mother's Day request was to have a picnic. I absolutely LOVE picnics, which I picked up from own Mom who has taken us on many a picnic over the years! So Martin, Grace, and I had a fantastic picnic in front of the Main Building at St. Ed's. You can see the Austin skyline perfectly from there, and the grass is nice and soft. Grace has never crawled in the grass before so it was fun watching her check it out. She even tasted some :-)
The weather was absolutely perfect and so was our picnic! What a gift it is to be a Mother! Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there :-) May God bless you on your special day!

No comments: