Thursday, August 9, 2007

Quality Time with Pop-Pop

My Pop-Pop has been staying with us all week, and it's been so great. We moved to Texas when I was eleven, so I've only seen him once or twice a year since then. I've spent more time with him this week than I probably have in my whole life. It's a time I'll always remember. He shared so many stories with us about his life -- from childhood through the present. I learned a lot about him and about my family history. It was really memorable, and I know I'll cherish these days for years to come.

Grace enjoyed having her great grandfather around as well. She gave him some of her best smiles, her way of telling him that she loves him! It's been a really great week. Tomorrow Pop-Pop heads to my parents house, and Martin and I will complete the final preparations for his family's arrival on Saturday. Just 2 more days 'til Grace meets her paternal grandparents, Aunt Caroline, and cousin Liam!!!

No comments: