Monday, October 15, 2007

An Emotional Rollercoaster

What an emotional rollercoaster the last 5 days have been. Since hearing about Dawn's death on Wednesday, I have thought of little else. I have prayed; I have cried; I have asked, "Why?" I have thought about her husband, her sweet daughter, and the rest of her family. I have remembered every moment of my time with her. Everyone who knew and loved Dawn is still in shock. It's hard to accept the death of a 33 year old, but thank God for faith. I'm not sure how anyone could cope with her loss, or the loss of anyone they care about, without it.

Today I attended Dawn's funeral Mass. It was truly heartbreaking, yet the service was beautiful, and the Bishop brought comfort to a church full of mourners. There were few dry eyes in that church today. The Mass was followed by a short ceremony at the cemetary and then a reception at the church. I think it was good for everyone to come together to remember Dawn and celebrate her life. She was one-of-a-kind, someone whose smile could light up any room! She will be missed.

Please, please, please keep Dawn's family in your daily prayers. God calls on each of us to sustain each other in times of need. This is one of those times when the Body of Christ must unite to support and console one another.

No comments: