Tuesday, October 2, 2007

What a Difference a Day Makes

I'm proud to say I made it through Grace's second day of day care without crying. What a difference a day makes! Yesterday I met several of the parents of the kids in Grace's class, which helped tremendously in making me more comfortable with her new arrangement. I also spent lunch there yesterday, and that gave me a lot of assurance about how the teachers treat the children. I had another Mom in the class tell me that she thinks the teachers are wonderful and take fantastic care of the kids each and every day.

Grace seems very curious about the other kids in the class. She is checking them out and taking everything in. It's her first time around kids her own age, and I think it's good for her to get socialized early. Soon enough, she'll be having sleepovers and IMing with her friends about boys. I'm not quite ready for that yet, but I made it through today. One day at a time.

Day two. Done.

No comments: