Friday, October 5, 2007

We Made It Through Week One!

It was a rough week, but we made it through. Grace's first week of day care was definitely not easy. It was extremely emotional for all of us, but Grace took it all in stride and already seemed completely at ease in her new surroundings by the time I picked her up today.

After making in through days two, three, and four without crying, I got teary when I dropped her off this morning. Then when I went to visit her at lunch time, she had just fallen asleep so I didn't get to feed her or play with her, and that made me a bit weepy too. I know, I cry a lot. Whoever told me that my hormones would even out, and I'd cry less after having a baby than I did when I was pregnant was dead wrong.

My parents came to visit tonight, and they accompanied me to pick Grace up from day care this afternoon. We had a nice evening with Grace's Uncle Billy and grandparents, the highlight of which was Grace trying rice cereal for this first time. She didn't seem too impressed, but she had a few bites. It was fun for all of us, and we took a bunch of pictures of the momentous occasion. Check them out at: http://picasaweb.google.com/amberfogarty/BabyGraceWeeks1920

After Mom and Dad headed home, Martin, Grace, and I were hanging out when Grace got us both laughing hysterically. I was holding Grace, and I laughed at something on TV. Grace started laughing along with me, which got both Martin and I cracking up. She continued laughing right along with us. It was the coolest thing ever.

No comments: