Saturday, October 20, 2007

Family Time - First Things First

Last night and today I attended a conference. I was gone last night from 6 PM to 10 PM and today from 8 AM to 6:30 PM. I enjoyed the conference, especially because my brother, Billy, went too, but...

The whole time I was there, I was missing Grace and Martin. I've come to accept being away from my family during the workday, which has been a rough adjustment. I've accepted day care as a reality in my life. However, my nights and weekends are my family time.

In my pre-wife and pre-Mommy days, I used to have something going on every night of the week. Now I don't want to commit to much of anything if it involves doing things at night or on the weekends. I want to be home (or out and about) spending quality time and making memories with my family. My priorities have changed, and I'm putting first things first.

No comments: