Monday, October 8, 2007

Week 2 Begins...

Grace's second week of day care is off to a good start. I managed to drop her off today without a tear, which made me feel a bit guilty. I was kind of mad at myself for being able to leave her without crying.

I had a super-busy day at work today, and I was stressed out at the end of the day because I felt I had so much left to do. I had a tightness in my chest as I felt the weight of my workload and the old familiar tug of the workaholic in me.

I feel constantly torn between my family and work. It's the ongoing struggle of the working parent, I think...a struggle that I doubt will ever get easier. On one hand, prioritizing is a no-brainer now. Family first. Period. On the other hand, I care very much about my job, and I believe in the work I do. Thus, I want to give it my best and deliver the same quality work I always have. Can you have the best of both worlds? I'm not sure, but I'll give it my all. I guess that's all I can do and all anyone can expect of me.

No comments: